- Rated 4 stars
- Sanyo EM-S2588W
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- QualityEditor: 99%
- PriceEditor: 99%
- DesignEditor: 96%
Summary: This 800 watt Sanyo microwave is a small but powerful unit that has eight food presets and lets you program five more of your own.
- 800-watt microwave oven with 0.7-cubic-foot interior and 10 power levels
- 9-5/8-inch glass turntable; electronic keypad; 8 direct-access menu keys
- Multi-stage cooking function; defrost frozen food by weight or time
- Memory key for saving favorite cooking programs; clock/timer; interior light
- Measures 12-7/8 by 17 by 10-1/8 inches; 1-year parts-and-labor warranty
Where to Get It:
Sanyo EM-S2588W 0.7-Cubic-Foot Microwave Oven Review
This 800 watt Sanyo microwave is a small but powerful unit that has eight food presets and lets you program five more of your own.
The included presets include the standard things: popcorn, pizza, soup, beverage, dinner plate, fresh vegetables and frozen vegetables.
All the presets, including the five you can program, have options for serving size or weight. The microwave has a 30 second button that also operates the quick start feature.
One press of the button starts the microwave cooking at full power. For manual operation, you enter the time, then the power level. If you don’t enter a power level it defaults to full power.
The EM-S2588 is available in either black or white, though the white model has a black door and black control panel, making it more of a black and white unit.
At 17 inches wide it’s a good size for a small space, and it’s only a little over 12 inches deep.
It has a door handle rather than a door open button, but as it is lightweight, pulling the handle too hard can jiggle the whole unit, so open with care.
One problem owners report with this model is that the display is dim and hard to read.
- More powerful than similar sized microwave ovens
- Customizable presets
- Dim display