This is our official list of the best wooden dog beds on the market today. Scroll further down or click “More Info” for full details on each product.
|#1||Merry Products Wood Pet Home|
|#2||ELuxury Supply Dog Bed Frame|
|#3||New Age Pet EcoFlex – My Buddy’s Bunk Dog Bed|
|#4||Wooden Pet Bed by Lakeland Mills|
|#5||South Shore Step One Dog Bed with Storage and Cushion Cover|
5 Highest Reviewed Wooden Beds for Dogs
Dog owners want to do what is best for their pets, including giving them a cozy place to sleep where they can feel relaxed and safe. Dogs often choose to sleep on the household furniture, but that exposes the family’s beds, chairs and sofas to being scratched and soiled. Pet owners are discovering that wooden dog beds have the look and feel of real furniture with features and benefits that make them ideal for dogs and their owners alike.
Most dog owners want to provide their best friends with more than just a pillow tossed in a corner, and world famous dog trainer Ceasar Millan says that dogs who have their own bed will feel like a valued member of the household. A quality dog bed is raised up off of the floor, has a platform to hold a mattress or cushion and is stylish enough to blend with the rest of the room’s furnishings. The construction must be solid, the cushion covers durable and stain resistant, plus the bed needs to be large enough for the dog to stretch out fully for maximum comfort.
Wood makes a good foundation for a dog bed because it is sturdy, lightweight, long-lasting and fashionable. Following are five wooden dog beds that pet owners recommend.
Merry Products has literally taken dog beds to a whole new level with their Room with a View Pet House. This product provides the pet with a bed, house and balcony all in one. Designed for smaller dogs, the pet home can be used indoors or outdoors.
It is made from kiln-dried wood to withstand outside weather. The bed area is raised to keep the dog dry, and the house has stairs leading to a balcony large enough for lounging or play. The deck level is adorned with an attractive lattice fence.
The product comes with simple instructions for easy assembly. The wood is stained in natural colors which can be re-stained to match indoor decor if desired. The unique design of this pet home makes it a conversation piece even as it provides a durable home for the pet. Bedding sold separately.
- Small enough for indoor use and durable enough for outdoors
- Rooftop is removable for easy access to bed area for tidying
- Multiple levels allow for cozy bedroom and relaxing balcony as pet’s mood changes
- Appropriate for dogs, cats, bunnies and other pets
- Surprisingly affordable considering its many valuable features
- Only available in in small size so not appropriate for larger pets
ELuxury Supply has created a line of dog bed frames and mattresses for the hard-core dog bed connoisseur. Each bed they make offers real luxury for the dog and is a valuable piece of furniture for the dog owner’s home. The hand-crafted bed frame is hewed from solid North American pinewood, which is then stained with a walnut finish and sealed with a clear-coat for luster and durability.
Each orthopedic foam mattress, sold separately, is sized to perfectly fit its corresponding frame. The bed easily snaps together with no tools, and the clever design ensures that, once assembled, the bed stays put together. ELuxury beds are handmade in the USA.
- Comes in small, medium and large sizes to fit almost any dog
- Solid construction for years of worry-free use
- Quick and easy assembly requiring no tools
- Classic design adds style to any room
- While it can be fitted with cushions from other vendors, it works best with the custom-fitted ones from eLuxury, requiring additional purchase
This pet bed is attractive and modern-looking, making it appropriate for placement in homes containing just about any style of decor. Assembly is a breeze, as the bunk and slats all fit together easily without tools. The bed is manufactured to look like wood, but it is actually made from a plastic product called ecoFLEX.
EcoFLEX is a non-toxic material that, according to the manufacturer, will provide years of maintenance-free use. The Buddy Bunk comes with a thick, comfortable pad featuring a non-toxic, removable cover that is machine washable. With three sizes and two colors to choose from, this affordable dog bed will please practically any dog while making the owner look good.
- Low to the ground, making getting in and out of the bed easy for small or older dogs
- Comes in small, medium and large sizes
- Color choices are Espresso and Russet, blending with many decor styles
- Washable mattress is included
- Lightweight for convenient portability
- Slats fastened together with no hardware may pop loose and need to be reassembled from time to time
The Lakeland Mills heavy duty wooden pet bed is quite large, accommodating all but the most enormous of dogs. The rough-hewed logs give this sturdy bed a rustic look and feel, appropriate for a home with traditional or Western decor.
It has horizontal bed rails that are durable enough to stand up to heavy use. Since it is designed for big dogs, it will hold even the largest sized dog bed or mattress with ease. Mattress must be purchased separately. The natural logs of the frame require no painting or maintenance. Bed comes with a one-year warranty.
- Made in the USA from natural Northern White Cedar
- Easily assembled with provided hardware
- Has headboard and footboard like a regular bed
- Heavy-duty to stand up to big dogs and hard use
- Large size means buyer should carefully measure the area where bed is intended to be placed to be certain it will fit the space before purchase
This bed is designed to be a perfect fit for small to medium-sized dogs. It is made from a combination of non-toxic particle board and real wood. The cute headboard makes it look like a real bed, and the platform has a lip specifically to hold a cushion in place.
There is a convenient drawer under the sleeping platform for storing accessories such as leashes and toys. The bed is painted black and has a bone-shaped label that the owner can personalize with the dog’s name.
- Handles on the sides for easy carrying
- Smooth-gliding metal slides on the drawer
- Wood moldings for safety
- Cotton cushion cover that can be filled with bedding of buyer’s choice
- Requires assembly and is complicated enough that the manufacturer recommends two people for the task
The pet professionals at Dogsaholic strongly recommend purchasing a dog bed that not only suits the needs of the dog but also blends attractively with the rest of the home furnishings. Wooden dog beds are often the most aesthetically pleasing while still offering the features and benefits necessary for the dog’s safety and comfort.