This is our official list in search of the best noise cancelling headphones under $200 on the market today. Scroll further down or click “More Info” for full details on each product.
|#1||BÖHM Bluetooth Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones|
|#2||Audio Technica ATH-ANC9 QuietPoint|
|#3||Cowin E-7 Active Noise Cancelling|
|#4||Over-The-Ear Noise Cancelling Headpones by TRAKK|
|#5||Naztech i9 Wireless Active Noise Cancelling Headphones|
5 Highest Reviewed Noise Cancelling Headphones Under $200
Sometimes you simply need to block out the natural sounds of the world. Noise cancelling headphones almost completely eliminate irritating background noise, from errant chatter on airplanes to squealing children at cafes.
If you are looking to block out the sounds that surround you, noise cancelling headphones are a simple, rather inexpensive way to find the peace that eludes you.
But do they truly work?
There are pros and cons to the latest sound reducing gadgets. First you need to understand that there are two types of noise-cancelling headphones.
- Passive – These noise-cancelling headphones immediately eliminate most sound when they are pressed against your head. The layer of foam create a nice barrier, but some sound still leaks in, making them less than ideal if you are looking for overall quiet to study or sleep.
- Active — This is the preferred type that has tiny microphones in the ear wells of the headphones that look for ambient noise levels that then echo sound waves back to the user’s ears that blankets outside noise. You hear the music you crave over the cacophony of the commuter train, flight, bustling business or other boisterous space.
While the products on the market today may not be perfect, we’ve found five best noise cancelling headphones under $200.
The BÖHM headphones allow you to appreciate the full-spectrum of acoustic accuracy of whatever audio choice you hope to enjoy. Or simply sit in peace wrapped in silence under layers of memory foam that make up the ear pieces and headband.
The 40mm stereo drivers provide quality highs and steady bass with a decent mid-range. They switch easily between audio and complete silence with outstanding active noise-cancelling properties. These also allow you to listen to music at a safer, lower level because you aren’t trying to drown out any of the natural sounds around you.
The microphones on the outside of the headphones are constantly monitoring the level of noise and cancelling it out. For your money, these are probably the best noise cancelling headphones under 200. They have the best Bluetooth technology available and works well with Apple iPhones and Android devices.
- 33-foot wireless range.
- Solid, consistent sound in wireless or wired mode.
- Sleek design with high-comfort quotient.
- 18-hour rechargeable battery with 3-hour wait to recharge.
A comfortable fit and crystal-clear sound makes this a fantastic product. Audio-Technica’s QuietPoint’s technology promises to rid environmental noise by a whopping 95 percent. The ear cups are perfectly padded with memory foam as is the headband for overall comfort on your head for when you are using the headphones over long periods.
The tri-level noise-cancelling makes this model stand out. Mode 1 is intended for traveling in busy commuter vehicles. Mode 2 is better for crowded spaces and noisy places. Mode 3 allows you to turn the volume down to where you can actually hear the intended richness of the music and the variations of the sound.
The provided cable with an inline microphone and controller allows for easy answering of calls as well as music control. The omni-directional microphone makes for a crisp articulacy so you don’t have to worry about speaking directly into the mic when answering calls.
- Universal phone control.
- Tri-level noise cancellation.
- Memory foam for comfortable fit on ear cups and headband.
- Heavy bass can muddle the mid-range.
Impressive sound and quality, the Cowin E-7 has the latest Bluetooth technology to pair quickly with your phone as well as an audio cable for secondary devices. The stainless steel band makes it a standout for design, but its comfortable fit makes it a top seller.
The 40mm large-aperture drivers provide a crisp, powerful sound. Although they don’t fold up for easy storage for travel or to slip into a gym bag, the lightweight design is heralded by sports buffs and the sound is one of the best on the market.
The active-noise technology keeps unwanted noise at bay. The 90 degree swiveling ear cups streamline the headphones for travel. The 40mm drivers give you assurance you won’t be interrupted by static from the outside world. The On-Board Mic pulse remote allows you to switch playlists, take calls and control volume.
The fast fuel feature gives you an hour of play time after just 10 minutes of charging so you won’t be without tunes, or sought-after silence, for long.
- Up to 30 hours of play time.
- Side ear cup toggle buttons make it easy to control sound and functions.
- Serious noise reduction and clear sound with extended frequency range.
- Not foldable for easy storing.
The leather muffs with pressure-reducing pads make for a truly comfortable fit with these rather inexpensive noise-reducing headphones. But it’s the 40mm dynamic drivers are what makes this a fan favorite. The drivers produce a clear sound with a deep, full bass.
The Trakk Airr wireless headphones have advanced Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity for a solid connection to your phone or other device while maintaining a low level of drain on your power. Volume and track control buttons on the left earpiece make it easy to manage your tunes.
A built-in mic makes it easy to answer calls or ask Siri for directions. If you don’t have your Bluetooth device, a handy 3.5mm port and aux cable gets you connected quickly.
- Large 40mm drivers, high-tech chip controls noise cancellation.
- 15 hours of play time in a single full charge.
- Consumes minimal energy from your device with 4.0 Bluetooth connection.
- Bass is lost at louder volumes.
Truly comfortable, the i9 BT distinguishes itself with a few fun features and has universal compatibility to work with all phones. It has controls for playback, call management, volume and track navigation on the rim of the left ear piece. You can easily switch from Bluetooth to wired mode with Naztech’s NoiseHush Technology.
The built-in microphones allow for almost total silence while they also pick up all the little noises that surround you, including your voice so you aren’t screaming when answering a server or fellow patron while wearing the headphones in public.
A built-in rechargeable battery means you don’t have to worry about running out of juice mid-commute or study session. The i9 BT has gold-plated airplane and stereo jacks that provide a crisp, clear connection. The built-in microphone is wind-resistant for a clear connection to the outside world.
- Solid bass sound with little distortion.
- NoiseHush Technology makes it easy to switch from wired to wireless.
- Long battery life.
- Audio performance diminishes when switching between Bluetooth and noise-cancelling modes.
If you are looking to block out the sounds that surround you, noise cancelling headphones are a simple, rather inexpensive way to find the peace that eludes you. While the technology may not be perfect, yet, the active-noise technology available today easily keeps unwanted noise at bay.