- Rated 5 stars
- Uniden Handheld TrunkTracker IV (BCD396XT)
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
Summary: If you want control, memory and power to do everything a scanner can do then the Uniden TrunkTracker has the features.
- Handheld scanner for monitoring police and fire signals, weather transmissions, ham radio bands, and more
- Store 25,000 total conventional channels, trunked channels, and trunked system frequencies for quick recall
- TrunkTracker IV Digital Scanning lets you monitor APCO 25, Motorola, EDACS, and LTR systems in addition to conventional channels
- GPS Compatible so that the scanner can automatically select and scan nearby agencies
- Close Call RF Capture detects and tunes to nearby transmissions with no programming needed
- Multi-Colored Display Backlight
- Continuous Band Coverage
- Audio AGC
- Automatic Digital Threshold Adjustment
- Temporary Lockout
- Search with Scan
- NAC Decoding
- Public Safety Scanner
- System / Channel Number Tagging
- Compatible with BC-RH96 Remote Head
- Individual Channel Volume Offset
- Priority ID Scan on trunked systems
Where to Get It:
Uniden Handheld TrunkTracker IV Digital Police Scanner (BCD396XT) Review
If you want control, memory and power to do everything a scanner can do then the Uniden TrunkTracker has the features.
It’s a high quality handheld scanner that is very powerful and feature rich. It can be used to monitor fire signals, weather transmissions, ham radio bands and more. The impressive part is that it’s easily programmed to channels.
It boasts an impressive 25,000 chaneels with close call technology so you can quickly pick up frequencies and get listening and chatting.
You can also instantly choose to pickup close range signals so you can find out what’s going on around you. This location based scanning is very helpful if you are drilling down local signals or signals based on your location.
The feature rich tagging system gives you lot of otpions for tagging known channels, creating groups for them and even setting custom search ranges. V
ery useful for the progmatic users of radio scanners. Adding on weather alerts and you can stay on top of the weather without worrying about looking to the sky.
Plus if you want something easy to setup then this is it. The easy setup orcess gets you up and running quickly.
It’ll just be down to leanring and taking advantage of the advanced array of features. Overall, for the power user this product is certain to impress and meet your expectations.
- Many features that make it easy to use and more
- Freescan makes programming easy
- Easy to use open source software for programming frequencies
- May need to purchase a suitable programming cable
- USB cable not included
- Overhwelming amount of features can be complicated