- Rated 4.5 stars
- Twisted Stitches: 30 Corrupt Cross Stitch and Embroidery Designs
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- QualityEditor: 98%
- PriceEditor: 97%
- InformativeEditor: 98%
Summary: This book is littered with funny and sometimes gruesome designs that you wouldn’t expect to be in a cross stitch book.
Where to Get It:
Doodle Stitching: Fresh & Fun Embroidery for Beginners Book Review
This may seem a little too far out for some, but Twisted Stitches is finally a cross stitch book that isn’t made for “cutesy” pillow cases and handkerchiefs.
This book is littered with funny and sometimes gruesome designs that you wouldn’t expect to be in a cross stitch book. Traditional cross stitchers can stop reading now; it’s not a book for you.
Beautify your accessories with zombies, vampires and funny sayings or stitch a scary design into your t-shirt.
London based pattern cutter, Phil Davison, learned to cross stitch and decided to combine his love for pop culture and street art with cross stitching.
This book is such a hit because it’s something that has never been done before and is a perfect way to reach out to young or aspiring cross stitchers.
Get some new ideas and branch out to cross stitching different items with ideas from Twisted Stitches.
- Contemporary twist to cross stitch designs
- Unique! Stitch cards or pictures featuring sinister skulls or zombies
- Projects range from easy designs for newcomers to the craft to advanced
- Some readers suggest the design could be a little better