- Rated 5 stars
- Planar 997-6848-00 27-Inch LCD Monitor
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- QualityEditor: 100%
- PriceEditor: 99%
- DesignEditor: 99%
Summary: This innovative LCD monitor also features a built-in webcam, which allows you to save extra space on your desk and easily chat with your mates over Skype or any other messenger.
- Viewable Size: 27″ diagonal (23.54″ horizontal x 13.24″ vertical)
- Touchscreen Type: Projected Capacitive
- Touchscreen Interface: USB
- Display Type: Edge-Lit LED LCD
- Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Where to Get It:
Planar 997-6848-00 27-Inch LCD Monitor Review
If you’re thinking to switch to the new Windows 10, then you’re going to need a monitor that supports of all its capabilities. Apparently, the Planar 997-6848-00 makes for a perfect choice.
Not only that’s in an inexpensive unit, but at the same time it makes full use of the capacitive touch-screen function and the convenient edge-lit LED panel in order to increase the control, brightness and clarity of its display up to the max.
The resolution is also as high as it gets- Full HD in 16:9 format, which allows you conveniently draw, pinch-to-zoom and play touch-oriented games without feeling restrained at all.
This innovative LCD monitor also features a built-in webcam, which allows you to save extra space on your desk and easily chat with your mates over Skype or any other messenger.
As for connectivity, you get to choose from a wide range of input options: VGA, HDMI, USB hub, audio, and microphone. Note that the built-in webcam also comes with included mic functionality, but you can’t expect high audio quality.
This is due to the fact that Planar has constructed the 997-6848-00 model by focusing on a slim design. Overall, anyone looking to embrace the new touch-screen technology can benefit from this unit.
- Very responsive touch-screen
- High brightness and contrast ratios
- VESA wall mounting capabilities
- Simple to use and customize
- Maximum refresh rate of 60 Hz
- Quite heavy compared to other units in its class (20 lbs)