This 17 inch wide, 700 watt microwave from Haier has several presets with multiple settings. The microwave is available in black or white and is truly compact, but the inside is a bit too small for larger plates. The control panel is a standard looking one, with the usual buttons for adding 30 seconds and defrost, plus eight food presets. There is also a memory button, and that’s where things get a little tricky. You can program and save a specific cooking power and time under memory, after a series of somewhat complicated steps. You can save two programmed options, but if your power goes out or you unplug the microwave for any reason, these will be erased and you’ll have to reprogram them.
The presets each have multiple options that you can access by repeatedly pressing a preset button to cycle through them. The power button also requires multiple presses to reach the power level you want. Overall, this Haier model involves a lot of multiple button pushing to access its features, though the number of options is impressive. The exterior size of this little unit is its best feature if you need a small microwave for a tight space.
- Compact 700-watt microwave oven with 2/3-cubic-foot capacity
- Soft-touch electronic controls; 10 power levels; defrost setting
- 8 auto-cook menu settings for popcorn, potatoes, pizza, soup, and more
- Add-30-seconds option; digital clock and timer; child-safety lock; pull-handle design
- Measures approximately 12.9-inch depth x 17-inch width x 10.2-inch height; 1-year limited warranty