This is our official list of the best stand mixers on the market today. Scroll further down or click “More Info” for full details on each product.
|#1||KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan|
|#2||Hamilton Beach 63232|
|#5||CHEFTRONIC Stand Mixers SM-986|
5 Highest Reviewed Mixers With a Stand
Stand mixers serve a variety of purposes in the kitchen including whipping, whisking, mixing, beating, creaming, and kneading. This versatile kitchen tool, used since its invention in 1908, makes an excellent addition to any kitchen where baking and cooking are frequent occurrences.
A quality stand mixer is capable of eliminating hassle when it comes to making pizza dough or whipping up eggs whites. A few of the benefits of using a stand mixer for baking and food preparation include:
- Hands-free baking
- Increased power
- Faster results
- Decreased mess
Read on for a breakdown of the five best stand mixers including key features, pros and cons, and rating information.
The KitchenAid, an iconic brand in terms of stand mixers, KSM105PSER Artisan Stand Mixer features a large 5-quart stainless steel bowl capable of mixing up to 9 dozen cookies at a time. A specially designed power hub allows for up to 15 additional attachments.
The mixer comes with a coated flat beater, coated dough hook, 6-wire whip and a 1-piece pouring shield for increased versatility and baking capability.
- Boasts the highest number of total reviews and top ratings (thousands of reviews, most of which are 5-stars)
- Choose from a wide variety of colors for a modern effect and pleasant eye-appeal
- Special tilt design allows for clear access to mixing contents and easy addition of ingredients
- The flat beater and dough hook are capable of safely going in the dishwasher
- This KitchenAid is the highest priced mixer on the list and also the heaviest overall
The Hamilton Beach 63232 Electric All-metal Stand Mixer features a 4.5-quart stainless steel mixing bowl, an affordable price, and professional 2-way rotating mixing action.
The high-quality machine includes a non-stick beater, dough hook, and whisk – all of which are dishwasher safe as well as the stainless steel bowl.
- Tilt up head and locking bowl
- Pouring shield
- Thoroughly and powerfully mixes anything from thick cookie dough to delicate egg whites
- Strong 400 watt motor
- The Hamilton Beach 63232 is fairly bulky (it has the largest footprint of any of the stand mixers mentioned at 18 x 18 x 12 inches) and heavy
Next on the list is the Cuisinart SM-55BC Stand Mixer featuring a modern, sleek chrome finish. The mixer’s tilt-back head allows for easy access to the mixing bowl and makes attaching accessories simple.
The machine includes several accessories: a chef’s whisk to aerate ingredients, a contoured flat mixing paddle for reaching the bottom and side of the bowl, and a dough hook for easy kneading, as well as a splash-guard and an extra-wide spout.
This versatile stand mixer features the option to purchase optional attachments including a meat grinder, a citrus juicer, a blender, a food processor, or pasta maker.
- Features the most powerful motor – 800 watts – of any of the stand mixers listed
- Extra large 5.5 quart stainless steel mixing bowl with handles which make it easy to hold
- Features 12 mixing speeds along with a 15 minute countdown timer and an automatic shut off function as well as a slow-start speed for reducing splatter
- 3 year warranty on the product; 5 year warranty on the motor
- The Cuisinart SM55BC is the second priciest mixer on the list
The Gourmia EP700 Stand Mixer features a powerful 650-watt motor specifically designed to eliminate motor to bowl power loss and thermal protection to reduce the risk of overheating.
Boasting a huge 7-quart capacity stainless steel bowl, an integrated splashguard, and a smart tilt head, the Gourmia mixer makes an excellent choice for the best stand mixer.
The machine includes 3 non-stick attachments as well as a recipe book. In addition, the mixer features 7 electronically controlled speed settings and a smooth start function that eliminates splatter.
- Most affordably priced option on the list
- Features the largest mixing bowl capacity of any of the mixers mentioned on the list
- Specially designed head easily tilts for adding ingredients or switching attachments
- The Gourmia mixer contains the fewest total reviews of any of the stand mixers on the list and also has the highest percentage of 1-star reviews; at this time, the company does not offer additional attachments
The Cheftronic Stand Mixer features a powerful 650 watt motor along with an extra large 5.5-quart stainless steel bowl.
The machine features a strong metal gear system, a transparent, detachable bowl cover, planetary mixing action, and a mixer arm that swivels 50 degrees for convenience.
The huge mixing bowl is capable of handling over 4 pounds of ingredients. Users also report that the machine is fairly quiet during the mixing process.
- Although not quite the lowest in price, this mixer is the best value due to its inclusion of a whisk, kneading hook, mixer blade, and flexible beater
- Features a tilt-back head to provide easy access to the mixture
- Easy to operate and clean
- 6 optimized speeds along with a pulse function
- The mixing bowl does not have handles and some users report that the plastic cover is difficult to get off the first time
Choosing the best stand mixer to add to your kitchen will be less overwhelming by using the overview above of the 5 top models.
Consider trying one of the machines above next time you have a batch of cookies to make or pizza dough to prepare in order to make preparation far easier.