This is our official list of the best rice cookers on the market today. Scroll further down or click “More Info” for full details on each product.
|#1||Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3|
|#2||Aroma Housewares 60-Cup Cooked / 30-Cup Uncooked|
|#3||Elite Platinum EPC-808W Maxi-Matic|
|#4||Power Pressure Cooker XL Rice Cooker|
|#5||Midea MB-FS5017 Rice Cooker|
5 Highest Reviewed Large Capacity Rice Cookers
Cooking rice can be a time-consuming experience, especially if it is done over the stove top. A rice cooker makes the process a lot smoother, and it basically cooks itself, which means it will not need to be tended to until it is fully cooked. Many of the rice cookers on the market have a convenient rice fill line as well as a water fill line, so it makes it easy to get perfectly fluffy rice every time that it is made.
The machine is designed with two parts, the inner pan that holds the rice, and the outer shell that has an electric plug to heat the rice and cook it. Once the internal temperature reaches a certain point, the rice is done cooking. The machine will automatically switch to “warm” mode, and the rice can wait in the rice cooker until the rest of the meal has been fixed. It can remain on this setting for up to an hour after it has completed cooking.
There are many different sized rice cookers on the market today, but the best use of a rice cooker is feeding a crowd. For this, a large capacity rice cooker is often best. Here are the top five large capacity rice cookers on the market today.
The best large capacity rice cooker on this list is a device that is capable of preparing food in six different ways. It is a steamer, a rice cooker, a sauté unit, a pressure cooker, a slow cooker, and a place to keep food warm. It even has a quick select button on the display for cooking stews, eggs, and cake.
If the preset times on the display do not match the needs of the recipe, then the time can be adjusted manually. In fact, up to 240 minutes can be added, which is nearly double that of many rice cooker combination devices on the market.
- The stainless steel cooking surface has measurements on the inside of the pot.
- The display has large, easy to press buttons that are convenient to use.
- The device comes with ten different safety features so that the unit can be left unattended when needed.
- The seal on the lid is not as tight as it could be; making it difficult to use as a pressure cooker.
The Aroma Housewares 1033E rice cooker is a great large capacity rice cooker; in fact, it can prepare up to 60 cups of cooked rice at one time. This is about 60 servings, which makes it a great option for family gatherings or community events. The inner components of the cooker are made from stainless steel to offer more durability to the device.
It also decreases the cooking time because the metal heats very quickly. There is not a complex interface on this unit, but many prefer the one-touch experience that it offers for making rice.
- The lid is made from cool to the touch stainless steel to prevent burns.
- It does not take much longer than 30 minutes to make perfect rice in this unit.
- The interior is removable for easier clean-up.
- The surface is not non-stick, so rice may stick on the bottom on occasion.
The third rice cooker reviewed on this list is a stainless steel model that holds eight quarts of food. It features a menu that has 16 different functionalities in the interface options. It can be used to cook brown rice, white rice, wild rice, and bean, but it does not stop there, the machine can be used to steam vegetables, create a stew, and even cook meats like chicken, pork, and ribs.
It can also be used to create desserts for those with a sweet tooth. The pressure cooker aspect of the device can be set to the specific amount of time that the food needs to cook, and there is even a delay timer on the device.
- It comes in a multitude of color options so that the device can match your kitchen.
- The display is large enough to see from a distance.
- The non-stick surface makes clean-up a breeze.
- The preset buttons do not seem to include time for the device to warm up, so some items require 15 additional minutes of cooking time.
The next rice cooker on the list is a six-quart unit that doubles as a pressure cooker. It is designed to cook white, brown, and wild rice; in fact, the interface has a setting for each type of rice to make sure that it is perfectly cooked each time it is made. It is a great tool to cook rice, risotto, beans, and lentils, but it can also be used as a slow cooker that can cook chicken, fish, or other meats.
One of the best settings on this rice cooker is the canning option, which is not found on many of the rice cookers in this price range on the market.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- It has a locking lid that can be used during the steaming process.
- This rice cooker has flavor infusion technology, which opens up a whole new world of meal options.
- It takes much longer to cook food in this device than the recommended cooking time suggests.
The Midea MB-FS5017 is a rice cooker that is designed to feed three to ten individuals at once, which makes it perfect for family gatherings. Not only does this device cook white rice perfectly, it can also cook quick rice and brown rice just as well.
Oatmeal and soup can also be conveniently cooked in the machine with just the press of a button. One of the features that makes this rice cooker stand out from the rest is the fact that it doubles as a slow cooker and a steamer, so nearly any meal can be ready easily after a long day at work.
- It has a 24-hour delay feature that will make meal preparation more flexible.
- The display has a convenient timer to monitor when the food will be cooked.
- The rice cooker is comprised of materials that heat quickly and keep the food warm well after the cooking process is complete.
- It only has 875 watts of power, which slows the cooking process.
Rice cookers are a surprisingly versatile series of appliances that can quickly prepare a desired amount of rice but can also be used for other types of food prep as well. The products that have been featured in this guide are all excellent in this regard and will serve well for anyone looking for a large capacity rice cooker.
Queen, R. (2012, May 15). Rice Cooker Buying Guide. Retrieved from Sacred Rice
Susan. (2016, July 30). Power Pressure Cooker XL Review. Retrieved from The Healthy Cooking Shop
Elizabeth. (2014, September 15). Instant Pot IP-LUX60 Pressure Cooker review (MUST READ). Retrieved from Pressure Cooker Pros