This is our official list of the best remote controlled trucks on the market today. Scroll further down or click “More Info” for full details on each product.
|#1||Top Race TR-112 5 Channel Fully Functional RC Dump Truck|
|#2||Offroad 2.4Ghz 2WD Remote Control Truck by Hosim|
|#3||Maisto R/C Rock Crawler Radio Control Vehicle|
|#4||Kidirace RC Remote Control Fire Engine Truck|
|#5||Top Race TR-113 5 Channel Full Functional Front Loader|
5 Highest Reviewed Remote Controlled Trucks
Remote controlled vehicles have been popular with crowds since their introduction back in 1966. Elettronica Giocattoli (“History of Radio Controlled Cars”, pp. http://www.classic.rc-junkies.net/?page_id=637), an Italian company, designed the first models to look like Ferrari’s from that era. In the 70’s Britain had started designing their own cars, and by that time America had already developed RC racing.
Since that time, many enthusiasts have taken the designs of their vehicles to new heights and truly diversified the field. They’ve also taken it past just RC cars, you know commonly see trucks, boats, even planes that are all based on Remote Controlled designs.
With all these new streams of vehicles, it can be hard to decipher what generally constitutes a solid RC. What should you be on the look-out for when buying your nest Remote Control Truck? With advancement often comes competition, and have given way to many new vehicles and companies producing RC cars.
RC Trucks are used more for the hobbyist rather than racers. These vehicles are designed to look like dump trucks, bulldozers and more. So if you’re looking for either your first or a new remote control truck to add to the collection, you may as well start here.
- Produced by the same company that created the front loader, the Dump Truck is a solid addition to any collection. The controllers can also be used on the same channel, which means that if you can find at least one controller, you can operate the vehicle.
- This truck is used for both indoor and outdoor usage. Have a blast in the sandbox, then bring it inside to use in the living room.
- It produces lights and sound to create as realistic a scenario as possible. The truck is matched to look as close as possible to it’s much larger counterpart.
- The big issue this dump truck has is its actual use. While you can easily transport thing from place to place, the dump truck doesn’t lift high enough to dump most loads…which is kind of the point of a dump truck.
- This all-terrain car is perfect for users who are looking for a truck to rip through sand, dirt and other rugged terrains.
- The distance of the car can go as far as 260 feet from your standing point. All the while remaining highly responsive.
- To keep up with the high-performance expected from the brand, this vehicle is equipped with the largest motor in its class.
- According to reviews, the vehicle might be prone to melting wires. The plastic wiring attached to the battery may melt with use, so just keep that in mind should you choose to buy this truck.
- If you’re looking for a truck with off-road capabilities, you could do much worse then the Miasto. This outdoor vehicle is literally built for such purposes.
- The tires are built to help grip rocky terrains to help decrease spinouts.
- The tri-channel controller is built in such a way that if one frequency isn’t working, the others will easily step into place as needed.
- This thing requires a lot of energy. It’ll take 6AA batteries just to power the truck. An additional 2 batteries will be required to power the controller…none of which are included.
- This kid-friendly machine is built in such a way that those as young as 3 years of age can easily operate the car.
- With the age range in mind, the vehicles are built to be tough. Their durability is nothing to shake your head at when you consider how harsh people can be with their cars.
- Instead of running on AA batteries, it runs on a rechargeable battery included in the set. It also comes with a charging station that provides and easy way to charge the battery.
- To keep people’s attentions, the vehicle has the ability to provide realistic lights and sounds.
- The battery life on the car leaves much to be desired. While the rechargeable battery does allow for more convenience and lessens the cost overall. It only stays alive for a maximum of 30 minutes.
- This fully detailed vehicle is sculpted to look and work like its larger counterpart. It’s fully equipped with lights and sound. The arm moves up and down quite easily and replicates the lifting action that the machine is famed for in construction yards.
- It’s age-friendly, being both and safe and simplistic for ages 3 and older. The control mechanism is easy enough to use as it consists of two joysticks and six buttons.
- The design is durable, being made for both outdoor and indoor use. With this in mind, you didn’t need to fear it falling apart in the sandbox, and will more than easily entertain people inside during those rainy days. Alongside that, the machine runs on 3 AA batteries, though they don’t include those with the machine.
- Unfortunately, it seems as though the controller is less than quality at times. There have been reports of the controller dying in just over a month time. The issue seems to be that on occasion it just stops accepting the voltage levels.
It’s also become clear that the remote control vehicles aren’t just for younger individuals, as adults also take pleasure in the activity. As the hobby grows larger, so does it’s audience. There’s absolutely no reason why adults can’t join in the fun.
History of Radio Controlled Cars. (n.d.). Retrieved January 11, 2017, from http://www.classic.rc-junkies.net/?page_id=637
Barna, M. (n.d.). 6 RC Cars For Grown Men. Retrieved January 12, 2017, from http://coolmaterial.com/feature/6-remote-control-cars-for-grown-men/