This is our official list of the best desk lamps on the market today. Scroll further down or click “More Info” for full details on each product.
|#1||BenQ e-Reading LED Desk Lamp|
|#2||Luxe Cordless Eye Friendly LED Modern Desk Lamp|
|#3||TaoTronics Modern Energy Efficient LED Desk Lamp|
|#4||YANGHX 3D Illusion Lamp – Modern Led Touch Lamp|
|#5||Ledgle Table Lamp 8W LED Desk Lamp|
5 Highest Reviewed Modern Looking Desk Lamps for Your Office
Desk lamps have come a long way over the years. The days of merely flicking a switch and working with what you have are over. Today’s modern designs with LED functionality allow you to have a new level of simulated natural light for your office or home while saving energy with beautiful style. LED modern desk lamps also have improved safety, customizable control, and durability over traditional light bulbs. Most importantly, they reduce strain and stress on your eyes, which is essential when you are burning the midnight oil or anytime.
Because technology is changing so quickly, desk lamps continue to evolve in sophistication with interesting futuristic designs and improved additional features such as clocks, automatic ambient control, and USB ports. Many lamps are also uniquely styled to enhance your décor and save space as a high functioning room accessory without costing a lot of money.
There is so much that lamps can do besides just give off light. Here are five of the best modern desk lamps out there today that you ought to consider for your home or office.
The BenQ LED lamp is specifically designed for reading on electronic devices. Its Smile Curve technology provides 150% more lighting coverage with a 35-inch range and 1800 lux.
The LED panels last up to 50,000 hours with flicker-free illumination. Contains a built-in ambient sensor with a touch ring that adjusts to the brightness of the room or your device to reduce contrast glare. A twist knob lets you adjust the color temperature (2700- 5700k) and its “brighter on the sides, darker in the middle” illumination reduces screen glare. Flexes with a ball-joint, torque springs, and friction control for optimum balance.
- Smile Curve shape provides more than plenty of illumination for any room.
- Built-in ambient sensor automatically adjusts to reduce eye strain.LED panel has
- 50,000 hours of long-lasting life.
- Priced at over $250 may put it out of range for some readers.
The versatile Luxe lamp offers three lighting modes and six levels of brightness with 28 natural, non-glare LEDs lasting over 50,000 hours all controlled by a touch panel. It has a rechargeable Li-Polymer battery that supports up to 40 hours of runtime with 3 hours of continuous charging.
The battery also lets you take this lamp with you indoors or outdoors. It can move in any direction up to 360º for maximum lighting and has a micro USB charging port. It’s water resistant and has 1-meter fall protection to ensure that it can handle small drops.
- LED panel is rated to last up to 50,000 hours.
- Battery has 40 hours of continuous runtime between charges.
- Very lightweight and portable so you can use it in any room.
- Has a one-meter fall protection against small drops and bumps.
- Not as bright as the other desk lamps reviewed here.
TaoTronics is a popular brand of desk lamps approved by Phillips. Guaranteed to consume 75% less energy than traditional lights, this lamp has seven levels of brightness with color temperatures ranging from 2700-6,000K.
Designed to work for an incredible 50,000 hours on 12 watts, it provides flicker-free lighting plus a touch-sensitive slide to allow you to adjust the dimming level. The head can rotate 90º left and right and 135º up and down. A USB port is located in the base. Comes with a 100v-240v power adapter, user manual, cleaning cloth, 1-year warranty, and a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Promises to use 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs.
- Designed to last for 50,000 hours of use.
- Has a USB port and a universal power adapter so you can use it internationally.
- Has a 30-day money back guarantee plus a 1-year warranty.
- Might not be bright enough for some large spaces.
This unique lamp plays tricks with your mind! This lamp has a wooden base containing energy-saving LED lights that support a 5mm, 3D acrylic design that reflects the light and illuminates its etched, fine lines to give the illusion of shape and depth. Has two lighting modes with seven color changes.
A large variety of interchangeable designs is available including a pirate ship, sports, geometric, and personal messages. The entire lamp is cool to the touch, making it safe for any room. A USB power adapter allows you to plug it into either your home outlet or computer. This lamp is sure to be a conversation piece for all your guests.
- Has many unique, interchangeable designs.
- Includes a USB power adapter so you can plug it in anywhere all over the world.
- Two modes of illumination with 7 color changes.
- More of an interesting art piece than a functioning lamp for reading or working.
The Ledgle 8W LED desk lamp has an anti-glare shade and five levels of adjustable brightness ranging from 2800 to 5500K to reduce eye stress. A back-lit screen, which can be turned off, displays the programmable time, date, and temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit.
A USB port is located in the base for charging personal devices. The touch-sensitive control panel gives you easy control over power, brightness, and three levels of color temperature. Very foldable with an 180º cover and 90º vertical arm. Comes with a 1-year warranty, user manual, power adapter, and a promise to save you 1/3 of your electric bill.
- Programmable, back-lit screen displays the time, date, and temperature.
- Touch-sensitive control panel with 3 levels of color temperature.
- Extra foldable with 180º of cover and 90º of vertical direction, more than many other desk lamps.
- The lamp temperature may affect the accuracy of the temperature display.
It’s important to have a good lamp that illuminates the room and reduces stress on your eyes, which is why LED modern desk lamps are the best ones to buy. Durability, adjustable brightness and color temperature, and energy conservation coupled with modern features like USB ports and programmable clocks make today’s desk lamps an important and necessary addition to your home or office.